About Me

bellbookandcandle. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Review: "H2O" (The Rain #1) by Virgina Bergin



Synopsis:

It's in the rain...and just one drop will kill you.

They don't believe it at first. Crowded in Zach's kitchen, Ruby and the rest of the partygoers laugh at Zach's parents' frenzied push to get them all inside as it starts to drizzle. But then the radio comes on with the warning, "It's in the rain! It's fatal, it's contagious, and there's no cure."

Two weeks later, Ruby is alone. Anyone who's been touched by rain or washed their hands with tap water is dead. The only drinkable water is quickly running out. Ruby's only chance for survival is a treacherous hike across the country to find her father-if he's even still alive.
*(summary courtesy of Goodreads)


My Review:

I feel like I was bamboozled! Led astray! Hoodwinked! This book was supposed to be spectacular! It's an apocalyptic world with killer rain! How could you go wrong with that! Obviously a lot because I seriously had to force myself to finish the book, and even then I was really only skimming the last half. What a waste of a perfectly good book cover...


The plot and ending isn't difficult to guess; I mean, you already know everyone is going to die, so there's no real mystery to it. Which kind of sucks about the premise because there isn't much to write about.
 
 
The main character, Ruby, made me want to give her some serious side eye action-- she was just too superficial. I'm still trying to figure out why she is worried about her hair and makeup? Or why she is concerned about cute guys or her female competition? Honey, you have much bigger problems to worry about like, oh I don't know, the people rapidly dying around you! I would be more worried about the safety of my loved ones and how I'm going to survive without water, but hey, that's just me.
 
 
Speaking of which, how would one prepare for an apocalypse involving killer rain? I haven't a clue,
but I do have an awesome, kick** survival plan for a zombie apocalypse!
 
 
While reading this book, I was insanely thirsty: I downed a whole bottle of Arizona Green Tea in two minutes! Anyways, This book is nothing to write home about, unless you see killer rain happening anytime soon-- which in that case, let me know. Otherwise, this book is a massive snoozefest.

336 pages
Expected publication: October 7th 2014 by Sourcebooks Fire


Rating:  🔔 🔔

Recommend?  Nope. Nada.
separador

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers