About Me

bellbookandcandle. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Review: "Dark Sacrifice" (Dark Paradise #2) by Angie Sandro



Synopsis:
 
A GIFT AND A CURSE

Mala LaCroix sees dead people—really. After using her psychic gifts to catch a killer, she's locked in a psych ward and must strike a deal with the devil to secure her release. Apprenticed to a dark arts practitioner, Mala vows to free herself and save her loved ones from danger. But she doesn't know who to turn to when her crush on Landry Prince turns into something more serious.

A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH

Landry has sacrificed everything to protect Mala. A near-death experience changes him forever, and now he, too, possesses supernatural powers he doesn't understand. Mala and Landry must band together to defeat the dark forces—both human and otherworldly—who would use their abilities for evil. Even as they fall for each other, they must prepare to battle for their very souls . . .
*(summary courtesy of Goodreads)

 
My Review:

I have been impatiently waiting for the sequel to Dark Paradise for months now, and I finally had the chance to read it the other day. You all have no idea how eager I was to be immersed into the world Sandro has created once again, especially after the cliffhanger (that should be illegal) from the last book.
 
This book picks up where the last one ended, thankfully. On a side note, I dislike sequels that do a time skip from the previous book ending. Back to the story: honestly this book is better than the first, in my opinion. The story is progressing nicely, and has that certain "creep" factor that Sandro seems to pull of effortlessly. The reader soon discovers that the problems from the last book are far from over in book two. The situations the characters found themselves in were very grave.
 
Speaking of characters, there are some new ones introduced. Not to mention, the characters we know from the previous novel have matured a bit (thankfully). I'm glad to see Mala act her age and not her shoe size. Her back and forth indecisiveness was grating on my nerves, and I'm also glad she gave Landry another chance. Oh Landry...(swoon). I love him  so much. His protectiveness of Mala was sweet and it's good to see him taking responsibility for his less-than-stellar choices in the past. The overall togetherness of the two was amazing! I did indeed like their "special" scene (wink wink), as well as how they finally started working together like a team and admitted their feelings to each other. Enough with the mushy love stuff! Aunt Magnolia is so...wicked! I. Loved. It. She scares me, but I just love her character and her no nonsense attitude (she reminds me of my grandma).
 
So I'm really trying to not give too much of the plot away, but I didn't see that ending coming! And what is going on with Landry? I wonder what's going to happen next, and when Mala is going to turn into a bada** modern version of Marie Laveau? I'm still waiting and the anticipation for book 3 is killing me (in the most sweetest of ways).
 
352 pages
Published August 12th 2014 by Forever Yours
 
Rating:  🔔🔔🔔🔔
 
Recommend?    Most Definitely
  


(ARC courtesy of Net Galley and Forever Yours Publishing)
separador

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers