About Me

bellbookandcandle. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Review: "Day 21" (The Hundred #2) by Kass Morgan



Synopsis:

No one has set foot on Earth in centuries -- until now.
It's been 21 days since the hundred landed on Earth. They're the only humans to set foot on the planet in centuries...or so they thought. Facing an unknown enemy, Wells attempts to keep the group together. Clarke strikes out for Mount Weather, in search of other Colonists, while Bellamy is determined to rescue his sister, no matter the cost. And back on the ship, Glass faces an unthinkable choice between the love of her life and life itself.
In this pulse-pounding sequel to Kass Morgan's The 100, secrets are revealed, beliefs are challenged, and relationships are tested. And the hundred will struggle to survive the only way they can -- together.
*(summary courtesy of Goodreads)


 
 
My Review:
 
I know that this has recently become a show on the CW, although I personally have not watched it. I'm still a bit confused, as I had seen the television previews and they had hinted at mutated creatures eating the people--so naturally I was morbidly curious.
 
This is the sequel to the original book. Do I think it's better than the first book? Yes and No. Yes, because the story seemed to be getting somewhere and the characters didn't irk me as much. No, because of the predictability factor.
I honestly just can't with these characters; they're hypocrites--all of them! Clarke especially just irritates me. I really detest her self-righteousness and her thumbing her nose at everyone else's shortcomings. Especially when it came to Wells; she's a huge hypocrite. How can she seriously blame him for the very things she's done once upon a time? Clarke should be the most understanding, but obviously she hasn't done much emotional growing. Bellamy is a sociopath. No one can convince me otherwise. Every other character is just as irritating somehow.
 
If you liked the first book, you'll  probably like this one. As stated earlier, I have not watched the television series so I haven't a clue as to how much of the show is based on the book. What I can say is that it doesn't seem to match the series previews I had seen months ago. Also, I don't think I will be continuing this series. Take that as you will.
 
320 pages
Expected publication: September 16th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Rating:  🔔 🔔

Recommend?   No. It's a great premise, but it lacks adequate character
                             development.


(ARC courtesy of Net Galley and Little Brown Books)
separador

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers