About Me

bellbookandcandle. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review: "Demons" (Darkness #4) by K.F. Breene


Synopsis:



It’s been a long road, but Sasha has finally claimed her role as the least knowledge mage in history. She’s also acquired a new, incredibly grumpy bodyguard, and a spunky new BFF. With her team by her side, she learns the ropes of this new profession.

Her experience level is about to be fast-tracked, however.

On a routine trip to check out a perimeter breach, she encounters a hideous demon called by an experienced magic worker. It is this terrifying discovery that unlocks a deeper problem: Stefan’s troubled past and the reason he gravely mistrusts the Mata.

While Sasha struggles to fight the physical demons, Stefan struggles to fight the demons of his past. If he fails, his future in Sasha will be lost.
*(summary courtesy of Goodreads)


My Review:


I LOVE this series! The humor, the characters, the steamy scenes, fight scenes...everything! I swear I obsessively stalk the author's Goodreads page for any and all info and updates for the next book in the series. And to think I just randomly came upon this series in the Apple app store.

So in this book we see Sasha really try to get a hold of her immense power, as well as step up as the new co-leader. There's a new introduction of paranormal species if you can call it that: witches. I am not too fond of these new characters, but they do somewhat help balance Sasha, even if they are annoying. Also, Sasha annoyed me in this book. The demon is obviously trying to lure her in by speaking to her, so that way  it can steal her powers. And what does she do? She talks to it. I'm upset that she nearly got everyone killed!

As always, my favorite character was Charles; I just love his humor and I totally want a friend like him in my life. Surprisingly Jonas is starting to grow on me as well. The action is pretty good, and it has plenty of plot twists. The reader gets to see more of the uber hot Stefan and Sasha have their "alone time". Without giving too much away to you all, I'll leave you with this line concerning the story...."the plot thickens". Muah ha ha (Evil Laugh)




Favorite Quotes:


"It was like an extended honeymoon period with him--part of me wanted to just hang out in the same room and stare at him while drool dribbled down my chin." - Sasha

"Yes, Jonas, but Toa gave me a giant scroll on linking. A scroll Jonas. He thinks that if I study a five-hundred-year-old document, I'll figure something out. Spoiler alert: I haven't." -Sasha

"What's up Sasha? Cramps?" - Charles

"Nah. But I hang out with a guy that does. Ever notice that smokers never seem to have a lighter on them?' - Ann

173 pages
Published July 19th 2014


Rating:  🔔🔔🔔🔔   


Recommend?  Yes, but read the first three! You'll thank me later...
separador

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers