About Me

bellbookandcandle. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Review: "The Crow: Pestilence" by Drew Moss



Synopsis:
 
Juarez, Mexico. A young boxer, Salvador, refuses to take a fall, but has no problem taking a vicious drug gang's pay-off. When they take their lethal revenge on Salvador and his family, he returns as THE CROW, in search of vengeance... and forgiveness.
*(summary courtesy of Goodreads)
 

My Review:
I was wondering if this graphic novel was in relation to the late Brandon Lee's movie The Crow. I did some digging and I was correct.
I have not seen the movie, nor read the original comics, but I did find this one to be decent. The cover art is what attracted my attention as per usual. I'm still trying to understand what Salvador was thinking in the first place, but other than that it is a decent revenge story.

There's a lot of gore in a Kill Bill fashion, not Saw. I am always a fan of "an eye for an eye".
 
80 pages
Expected publication: September 30th 2014 by IDW Publishing


 
Rating:  🔔🔔🔔
 
Recommend?  Some lifelong fans of The Crow may or may not like this


(ARC courtesy of Net Galley and IDW Publishing)
separador

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers