About Me

bellbookandcandle. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review: "Facing the Music" by Andrea Laurence



Synopsis:
 
In this sizzling and hilarious contemporary e-book romance, pop sensation Ivy Hudson returns to her small town to face her ex. Only trouble is, she made her Taylor-Swift-like career with the hit song “Size Matters”—and the football hero has had to live it down ever since.

Five years ago, high school sweethearts Ivy and Blake’s relationship imploded and both their lives were changed forever. Ivy became a rock star and Blake lost not only his dreams of a successful NFL career, but his reputation. Ivy’s angry song about their breakup, called “Size Matters,” hit the top of the charts and Blake became a national laughingstock. He’s salvaged his career and returned to Rosewood to be the high school football coach, regaining his status as town hero and leading the boys to the state championships.

When a tornado whips through town and destroys the high school gymnasium and stadium, a committee is formed to help rebuild and plan some charity fundraisers. Blake’s grandmother requests that Ivy return to Rosewood for the events. Forced back together for the good of their hometown and their careers, Ivy and Blake have no choice but to put aside their differences, stop running from their pasts, and finally face the music.

For fans of Kristen Proby and Colette Auclair, Facing the Music hits a perfect balance between small-town romance and big-time success. Follow Ivy and Blake as they fall back in love and figure out what does matter in the end…
*(summary courtesy of Goodreads)

My Review:

I had my reservations about this book, but I am glad to say that I really enjoyed this book.  The chemistry! Oh my, it was like....wow.  This may e just a book, but I could see the fireworks go off every time Blake and Ivy were in a scene together. 
 
Romance? Check.
Sexy and sultry guy?  Most definitely check.
Drama? I could do without it, but yes..check?
And everything else in-between the sheets?  Check and check.
 
The plot was very captivating.  I have never read a book where the woman humiliates her love interest, but it was amazing!...in some ways.  I wish Ivy's character wasn't the fictionalized equivalent to Taylor Swift.  I'm not really a fan of hers, and I feel that she plays the victim way too often for a woman in her mid 20s.  Yeah I said it! 
 
Anyways, it's a little hard for me to believe that Ivy "didn't know" the public would think her song "Size Matters" was referring to Blake's size, if you know what I mean.  What did Ivy expect the song's title to allude to? Height? Countries? T-Rex?
 
Blake is probably my favorite part of the entire book.  He's so swoon worthy, with the exception of his past transgression.  It's a bummer the Ivy's song acted as a catalyst for all things to go wrong in his life.  His brothers are totally awesome as well.
 
Lydia was just a conniving little wretch.  She's like a raccoon, she get's into everyone's business and just won't leave.  The Grandma was like all nosy grandmothers: they think they know best, and probably do.  I didn't like how she kept chastising Blake for some of the things Ivy was at fault for.  Then again, maybe she was trying to get him to man-up.  Towards the end, I felt like Ivy should have done some of the chasing.  She was the one who fled without hearing reason.  You don't run away and hide from your lover; you fight for him.  At least that's my opinion.  There aren't many love scenes in this book, but it doesn't take away from the story at all.
 
250 pages
Expected publication: September 15th 2014 by Pocket Star

Rating:  🔔🔔🔔🔔
 
Recommend?  Yes.
separador

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers